After a failed marriage, the loss of all of my friends, depression, sleeping pill, and alcohol addiction, not working for four years, and sending out over 200 resumes in the last five months
婚姻失败之后,我陷入了众叛亲离的境地,我患了抑郁症,靠安眠药度日,还还是酗酒。我四年没有工作了,在过去5个月的时间里,发出了超过200份简历——
- - today I got a $60,000/year job in my field of a study.
今天,我找到了工作。专业对口,年薪6万美金。
Today is a good day.
今天真是一个好日子。
I always make a wish when the clock strikes 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55, or 11:11.
每当时钟走到一个非常特殊的时刻,比如1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55, 或者11:11,我都会许一个愿。
I alternate between two wishes and two wishes only: 1) Please let me be happy, and, 2) Please let me get a job I love.
我轮流许下两个愿望,我只有这两个愿望:第一,请让我快乐。第二,请让我得到一份自己喜欢的工作。
I'd been in the running for this job for one and a half months, they received 140 applications, interviewed 20, and it was down to me and one other person.
我已经为这份工作奔波了一个半月之久。对方收到了140份简历,对其中20个求职者进行了面试,最后筛选出了两名候选人。
But I got a call from them three days ago, saying they had decided to move forward with the other candidate.
三天前我接到了对方打来的电话,称他们决定录用另外一名候选人。
I thanked them for the opportunity, they wished me luck in my future, and I spent the entire day crying.
我说谢谢他们给我这次机会,他们也祝我今后更加成功。我一整天痛哭不止。
Then yesteday the woman who would have been my boss added me to her social webside ID, which I found odd.
可是昨天,那位本可能成为我老板的女士在社交网上加了我,这让我觉得很奇怪。
"Rub the salt in a little deeper," I told my dad.
"简直是在我的伤口上撒盐。”我对我的父亲说。
Well, one hour ago my would-be boss called, and said she and the HR manager who initially interviewed me couldn't get me off of their mind because of my enthusiasm , attitude, and the excitement I couldn't contain.
可是,就在一个小时之前,对方公司的老板给我打了电话,她说,我的身影在她和人事经理的心里挥之不去,我积极热情的态度,我行我素的自信,还有举手投足间难以抑制的活力,都让他们久久不能忘怀。
She told me the president of the company initially hired the other candidate because he was fluent in a particular software program, one of which I am only slightly familiar with.
她告诉我,经理之所以聘用另一个应聘者,是因为他对一款微软程序使用非常流利,而我对这款程序知之甚少。
The president is old school and isn't one for risk taking, so he went with the safe bet.
这个人事经理是一个守旧的人,不喜欢承担风险,所以他决定采取稳妥的做法。
The woman told me she went to bat for me with the president these last couple of days because she believed I was the one the company needed.
对方老板说,数日来她一直为了我与人事经理争执不休,因为她相信我才是公司需要的人。
She said she will take the extra time to train me, and she believes I'm resourceful enough to learn it on my own if she's unable to help me some days due to her being busy, sick, or traveling for work.
她说她愿意额外抽出时间来培训我,还说,万一她忙于其他事务,或者请了病假,抑或出差的时候,她也相信我能够找到资源,自己继续学习。
I almost cried, I told her how much this means to me, and that even though I was missing a few of the skills required, skills can be taught but attitude and enthusiasm cannot.
我差点哭了起来,我告诉她,这通电话对于我意义重大,我告诉她,虽然我在技能上有所欠缺,只要我谦虚上进,就能很快学会。但对工作的热情却不是能学来的。
They also told me that I was the only person out of 20 interviews who emailed them afterward and said thank you for the opportunity of meeting with me. The ONLY person.
他们说,在20个进入面试环节的候选人中,我是唯一一个在面试结束后,特意发邮件给公司,感谢对方提供这次的交流机会的人。唯一一个!
I changed my entire life when I left my marriage.
离婚之后,我的生活完全改变了。
It got worse before it got better.
在获得这份工作之前,情况急转直下。
I've had some very hard truths to face, I've had to reevaluate who I am, what I want my life to look like, and reprioritize the things that matter to me.
我不得不面对很多难以接受的事实,不得不重新思考自己的人生价值,重新思考自己想要过什么样的生活,思考周围的事物中,哪个对我更加重要。
It's been a rocky few years, but those little sunshine rays are finally touching me.
四年来,我经历了多少坎坷。还好,如今我终于守得云开见月明,感受到了幸运之光的丝丝暖意。
下一篇: 外国明星在中国电影里飙演技,谁演得最好?
体坛英语资讯:World No. 1 Ma Long opens title defence in style
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier calls for joint efforts with Germany to promote trade liberalization
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier arrives in Brussels for China-EU leaders meeting
体坛英语资讯:Persepolis qualifies for AFC Champions League quarters
Say, speak, talk, tell “说”不同
炎热的夏日 The Hot Summer
Long 冗长乏味的
国际英语资讯:Cuba opens up to private sector but remain socialist character
研究指出 仰卧起坐会造成背部疼痛
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier urges EU to fulfill WTO obligations
国际英语资讯:Brazils president seeks to postpone interrogation by police
端午节•楚辞翻译:每个都是神来之笔
给年轻女孩的建议 The Advices For the Young Girls
国内英语资讯:China, Germany pledge to forge closer innovative partnership
国际英语资讯:U.S. will withdraw from Paris Agreement: Trump
不同年龄阶段的女性 睡眠时间多长才合适?
澳富豪建议年轻人别吃牛油果,省钱买房
国际英语资讯:Russia expels Moldovan, Estonian diplomats in retaliation
他们是同学 They Are Schoolmates
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilor calls for accumulation of positive energy in Sino-Japanese relations
国内英语资讯:China, Germany agree to enhance cooperation within G20
Priming the pump?
亚马逊的生意好到令人诧异,股价都要上天了
国际英语资讯:UN Security Council agrees to blacklist more DPRK individuals, entities
菲律宾空袭造成10名士兵丧生
国际英语资讯:Not even a hint May will resign as latest poll warns she could lose majority
国际英语资讯:Cousins of Manchester suicide bomber say have no idea he was a terrorist
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier stresses implementation of major sci-tech programs
国际英语资讯:Several people injured in Manila hotel gun attack
因为在星巴克被烫到,获赔10万美元