Once I heard the name I realized immediately who was standing in front of me.
一听到他们的姓,我立刻意识到站在我面前的人是谁
I had been learning for two weeks how to say
我已经学习了两个星期的手语,只学会了这样一段话,
"welcome to Ireland.
“欢迎你们来到爱尔兰”
My sign language is terrible,
我的手语很糟糕
but please if you need anything during your stay just let me know
不过,如果你们在酒店期间有任何需要,请告诉我们
and we will help you".
我们一定会为您效劳
I smiled at the father and daughter in front of me,
我对面前的这对父女报以微笑
turning to the father I greeted in ASL
然后我看向那位老父亲,用美式手语向他打招呼
and began the bit I had learned for him.
然后开始演示我为了招待他学习的那句手语
His daughter broke down crying
他的女儿立刻感动得热泪盈眶
and called me sweet.
连连说我实在太好了
But the father just smiled and was so happy.
而那位父亲只是对我微笑,看上去非常开心
Honestly seeing his reaction was enough for me.
我真心觉得,看到他的反应,已经让我心满意足了。
It was so worth the last few weeks of learning basic ASL.
过去连续几周学习美式手语的辛苦,都是值得的。
On check-out I sadly wasn't working,
很遗憾,他们办理退房手续的时候我没有值班
but they had left a gift for me.
但是他们给我留下了一份礼物
A small box with some chocolates and a book on ASL.
是一小盒巧克力,和一本关于美式手语的书
Inside the inscription
盒子里面写着,
"thank you very much for what you did on check-in. “
你在为我们办理入职手续时的举动太贴心了,向你表示由衷的感激!
”My father has been in amazing form since you checked us in
从你为我们办理入住手续开始,我的父亲就一直心情特别好
and insisted we get you a gift before we left.
坚持让我们在离开酒店前为你准备一份礼物
You have no idea how much this meant to my father and I
你不知道你的举动对于我的父亲来说具有多大的意义
and we can't thank you enough.
我们对你感激不尽!
You've made his trip home to his family after 50 years very special with one simple gesture".
你一个小小的举动,让他这次旅行具有了特殊的意义,要知道,这是他阔别家乡50年后的回归之旅
I cried for a solid 5 minutes when I came into work today to find this gift in my locker.
今天早上我来上班的时候,才在我的储物柜里找到了这份礼物,我哭了整整五分钟。
上一篇: 微软删除全球最大的人脸识别数据库
国内英语资讯:Central, Eastern Europe key to Belt and Road Initiative: senior CPC official
体坛资讯:Runners get compensation from coach
托福考试复习多久最合适呢?
国内英语资讯:G20 warns of risks hurting global economy, financial markets
托福口语之语段朗读法
省时省力的居家清洁小妙招
体坛资讯:China race into Sudirman Cup final
体坛资讯:China win sixth Sudirman Cup title
托福3个月养成计划
六级阅读“三遍法”
与烘焙相关的俚语
体坛资讯:Nadal bags French Open hat-trick
体坛资讯:China storm into semis, S. Korea pose strong in Sudirman Cup
过去时还可以表示将来时间
体坛资讯:Yang wins all-around at Chinas gym championship
体坛资讯:Dynasty! Spurs win 4th NBA title
托福口语中的20个否定句例子
老外是如何说“怂”的!
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier to meet leaders of Portuguese-speaking countries in Macao
培养兴趣爱好 Develop Interest
国内英语资讯:Chinese economy is stable: central bank official
国内英语资讯:Chinese FM meets Peruvian president on bilateral ties, free trade
体坛资讯:Federer into French Open final as Davydenko nerve fails
托福口语真题:描述物品
国内英语资讯:Chinese naval fleet visits Malaysia to enhance military ties
国际英语资讯:Virus strain discovered in Australia could cause worldwide gastroenteritis outbreak
2017雅思考试时间
国际英语资讯:EU postpones release of 600-mln-euro aid for Ukraine
托福备考之如何练习听写
为什么越来越多中国年轻人不愿意结婚