It was the first day of April,
这是四月的第一天
but Mother Nature hadn't gotten the message.
可是大自然母亲却似乎忘了送来春天的消息
Like some bad April Fool's Day joke
就像愚人节的一些糟糕的玩笑一样
the ground was hard and frozen when I walked outside.
我走到户外,发现大地干涸,霜冻未消
The grass and few daffodils that had bloomed were covered in frost.
只有几株刚萌芽的小草和水仙,被覆盖在寒霜之下
The single dandelion that had popped its head through the ground
一株孤零零的蒲公英好不容易从泥土里钻出头来
had closed up again in the below freezing cold.
却遇到零度以下的严寒,只得又萎缩起来
I watched the sun peeking over the trees
我看着太阳从树林背后窥视着大地
and wondered if Spring was ever going to arrive.
心里怀疑着,春天真的会来临吗
As the day wore on, however,
可是,随着白昼渐暖
the sun began to warm the cold air.
太阳开始给寒冷的空气加温
The frost slowly receded on my car windows
车窗上的白霜慢慢消融
and the grass turned wet
小草变得湿润起来
as the temperatures crept above freezing.
气温升到了零度以上
By the afternoon I was even able to slip my jacket off
到了下午,我甚至可以把夹克衫脱下来了
and for the first time in many weeks walk around outside in just my shirt sleeves.
数月以来第一次,我可以穿着薄衬衣四处走动
I decided then to take my dogs out for a nice long walk in the sunshine.
我决定牵着几条狗去晒晒太阳,来场愉快的,长长的散步
It felt so good just being outside.
无需其他,仅仅是呆在户外,已经让我开怀不已
It didn't matter that there was still a chill in the air.
空气中仍有一丝寒意,但是没有关系
I had hope that warmer days would soon arrive.
我有了希望,相信天气不久就会转暖
It was at that moment that I saw a tiny, single, white butterfly fluttering around.
就在这个时候,我看到一只蝴蝶扑闪着翅膀飞来飞去,这是一只小小的白色蝴蝶,孤孤单单的
I remembered how much my Mom had loved butterflies when she was here on earth
我突然想起,母亲在世的时候曾经多么喜爱蝴蝶
and how many times she had sent them to me to help me carry on after she was not there.
她离世之后,多少次当我跌入低谷,她托蝴蝶来鼓励我坚持下去
I knelt down and smiled at the little guy.
我屈膝对那只小家伙报以微笑
I spoke to him gently while he flew in circles around my head
它围着我的脑袋盘旋,我对它轻声低语
and waved goodbye when he flew off back towards the sky.
最后它展翅飞回空中,我挥手向它告别
It was a magical moment
这真是神奇的一刻
and even though it was still quite cold for April,
尽管相较往年的四月天气温仍然很低
it was Springtime in my soul.
我心中已经感受到了春天的暖意
I know that this was only a moment in my life.
我知道这只是我生命中一个小小的瞬间
But life happens in the moment.
但我们不就是活在这样一个个小小的瞬间里吗
Our lives are nothing more than a million moments, one after another.
我们的生活就是数百万个这样的小瞬间相互连接组成的
Each moment we use to love, to laugh, to uplift ourselves,
我们用每个瞬间去爱,去欢笑,去鼓舞自己
and to help others makes life better for everyone.
让每个人的生活更加美好
Embrace all of your moments then.
去拥抱你拥有的每个时刻吧!
Use them well.
好好利用它们
Live them with love.
用爱灌注它们
Each one of them is a gift.
每个瞬间都是一个礼物
上一篇: 陌生人寄来的小幸运
下一篇: 中餐亦‘咸’亦‘健康’
新目标英语八年级上第1单元知识讲解及练习
新目标八年级英语上Unit4教案3
新目标英语八年级上第3单元知识讲解
新目标(Go for it)版初中英语八年级上册全册教案-Units 5-6学案
新目标八年级英语词汇复习(供中考复习用)
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 5 Can you come to my party》word学案3篇
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 10 I’m going to be a basketball player》word说课教案
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 2 What’s the matter》word教案
八年级(上) 新目标unit 4学案
新目标英语八年级上册unit7教案
新目标八上Unit 10备课稿
新目标八年级英语上Unit6教案
新目标八上Unit4 He said I was hard-working 教案
新目标八上unit 1-4知识要点
新目标英语八年级上册unit2教案
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 12 What’s the best radio station B1》word教案
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 1 How often do you exercise》word教案
新目标八上全册U1-12英文教案
新目标八年级上Unit 1复习提纲
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 11 Could you please clean your room》word教案
新目标英语八年级上册unit4教案
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 3 What are you doing for vacation》word学案3篇
新目标八年级英语上册复习总结
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 4 How do you get to school》word学案3篇
新目标英语八年级上册unit5教案
新目标初二上词组集(U1-6)
新目标英语八年级上册unit3教案
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 3 What are you doing for vacation》word教案
新目标八上unit 1 教案设计
人教新目标版英语八上《Unit 4 How do you get to school》word教案2篇