Is getting a promotion always a good thing?
职位晋升一定是一件好事吗?
It may not be that simple as you think.
事情可能没有你想的那么简单。
Sometimes if it comes when you are not ready, it can be quite a trouble.
有时候,如果你在没有准备好的时候晋升了,可能会碰上不少麻烦。
But first, if you just got a promotion, Congratulations!
不过首先,如果你最近真的升职了,那恭喜你!
After over-delivering on project after project, and exceed ing all your goals that you set with your manager when you started your job, your employer is finally rewarding you with a change in title and an increase in the compensation.
在一个接一个项目超额交付,并且超额完成了所有你开始工作时与上级制定的目标之后,你的雇主终于奖励你了,给了你职级上的升迁,并提高了你的薪水。
You’re exhilarated, but you’re also a little confused. What do you do now?
你很兴奋,但也有点困惑。接下来你要做什么?
First off, start with figuring out what you will no longer take on.
首先,你要弄清楚今后不再做的事情。
Assuming that your promotion comes with more responsibilities, you will probably need to learn how to master your new tasks, and you won’t be able to do that efficiently if you have to do that on top of your old job.
假设升职后你要承担更多责任,你可能需要学习掌握新任务,如果你同时还必须做完所有的旧工作,那么你将无法有效地完成任务。
This requires trusting other people, which can be difficult if you have controlling tendencies.
你需要信任其他人,如果你有控制倾向,这可能很难做到。
The higher you move up, the more you have to depend on others. So start to learn to let go of your micro-managing tendencies, and trust that you’re not the only one who knows how to do everything.
职级越高,你就越需要依靠别人。因此,趁早开始放弃你的微观管理倾向,要知道,你不是唯一知道如何做所有事情的人。
上一篇: 生活和工作都不可能一成不变
下一篇: 你经历过哪些因祸得福
In defence of shyness 为害羞的人辩护
To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
You're pulling my leg! 你在愚弄我!
Are you a team player? 你是一名具有团队精神的人吗?
How to become a billionaire 如何成为亿万富翁
Would you let your baby sleep in a box? 你愿意让自己的宝宝在盒子里睡觉吗?
Clean up your act 改邪归正
Are you addicted to your phone? 你是不是玩手机上瘾了?
The university of life 生活经历
Pull something out of the hat 突施妙计
Bored at work? Sue the boss! 工作无聊怪老板?
Off the hook 脱身
Until I'm blue in the face 任凭你磨破嘴皮
Reunion? Count me out! 重聚? 别算上我!
To fall at the first hurdle 跌倒在第一关
Lights! Camera! English! 灯光,摄像机,英语!
Can a lie-in make you healthier? 睡懒觉能让你更健康?
How to live longer 怎么才能长寿
One good turn deserves another 以德报德,礼尚往来
Closing the doors on paradise 为生态修复关闭旅游天堂岛屿