你们最爱的栏目又来了!课本上学不到的native口语第三弹!!-查字典英语网
搜索1
所在位置: 查字典英语网 > 英语口语 > 实用口语 > 你们最爱的栏目又来了!课本上学不到的native口语第三弹!!

你们最爱的栏目又来了!课本上学不到的native口语第三弹!!

发布时间:2017-05-12  编辑:查字典英语网小编

你们最爱的栏目又来了!课本上学不到的native口语第三弹!!

顺便,错过了前两次的同学点这里:第一弹 第二弹

干货已准备好投放,接好了~!

01 I beat you to it.

►beat somebody to it:

比某人抢先一步做了某事。

▷I was just about to open some wine but I see you've beaten me to it.

我刚想开瓶酒呢,看来你抢在我前头开了啊。

02 Jimmy stood me up last night.

►stand someone up:

放某人鸽子。爽约。

▷He stood up his date while he played basketball with the guys.

他因为和基友们打篮球,放了女朋友的鸽子。

03 All I want to do is zone out in front of the TV.

►zone out:

指让思想放空,对周遭事物浑然不觉。Zone是区域的意思,zone out相当于思想游离到另一个地方去了……

▷At the end of a long, stressful day, all I want to do is go home and zone out in front of the television.

经过漫长的压力山大的一天,我现在只想回家坐在电视机前发呆。

►in the zone:

相反的,in the zone就是指精力集中,精神状态极佳,尤指运动员、表演者的表现。

▷I love when I'm running on a nice day with my headphones on and I just get in the zone. I feel like I can keep running forever.

我喜欢天气好的时候戴上耳机去跑步,感觉精神状态特别好,好像能永远跑下去。

04 Without further ado, I would like to...

►without further ado [ə'du:]:

闲话少说;进入正题。Ado意思是忙乱、纷扰、麻烦……

▷And so, without further ado, let me introduce you to tonight's speaker.

所以,闲话少说,下面就有请今晚的演讲嘉宾。

05 I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

►haven't seen the last of (something):

某事物消失了,但你觉得它还会卷土重来,就可以用这个表达。

▷We got rid of the ants in the kitchen, but I bet we haven't seen the last of them.

我们把厨房里的蚂蚁都弄走了,不过我打赌它们还会出现的。

这是一个比较戏剧化的说法,所以常在电视里听到。比如反派被打败了,也许会有这样的台词:

▷You win this time, but you haven't seen the last of me!

这次算你赢!但别以为我就会这么消失!灭哈哈哈……

06 It will come to me.

►it will come to someone:

会想起来的。忘了什么事的时候,可以说这句话。

▷It'll come to you. The minute you stop trying to find it, it will find you.

你会想起来的。你不去费劲去找它的时候,它就会自动出现。

07 We went out of our way to please the visitor.

►go out of one's way:

努力、费尽麻烦做某事。

▷I went out of my way to make sure they were comfortable.

我费尽心力确保他们能住得舒服。

▷We appreciate anything you can do, but don't go out of your way.

你做的一切我们都很感激,但千万别太麻烦自己。

08 Hold on. Just hear me out first.

►hear someone out:

听某人说完他想说的,或者,倾听某一方的说法。

▷Let him talk! Hear him out! Listen to his side!

让他说!听他说完!看看他怎么说!

▷Hear out the witness. Don't jump to conclusions.

我们要所有证人的证词都听一遍,不要武断下结论。

09 So do we have an agreement?

►do we have an agreement:

通常在商定一件事后说的话。对方同意了,就表示讨论的事情就这么定下了。

也可以说:

▷Do we have a deal?

那就这么定了?

▷Do we have an understanding?

我们都很明确对方的想法对吧?

10 Just a heads up.

►a heads up:

给某人提个醒,提前告知一声。“Heads up”说法来自体育运动,在扔球前,让对方抬头,别被砸着。后来广泛用于社交场合。

▷Just a heads up - we're going to have to meet soon.

先跟你说一声,我们很快会见面的。

▷I wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be sending you the revised form for your approval.

我想提前告诉你一下,我一会儿把修改好的表格发给你审核。

11 When's it due?

►due:

通常指交作业、交账单的最后期限。

▷When is this paper due?

论文要什么时候交?

另外,如果due的对象是人,那么意思多半指预产期。

▷When are you due?

你啥时候生?

12 Well, what's done is done!

►what's done is done:|

无法改变的事情,只能将就了。文绉绉一点就是,覆水难收、木已成舟。

▷It's too late to change it now. What's done is done.

现在换已经来不及啦,认了吧。

13 Can you put me up for a few days?

►put someone up:

给某人提供临时住宿。

▷When my in-laws were here we put them up at the Four Seasons.

老婆家的亲戚来的时候,我们安排他们住四季酒店了。

14 I might take you up on that.

►take someone up on something:

接受某人的邀请,或接受某人提出的建议。

▷I took him up on his offer to take me out to dinner.

他邀我约会吃饭,我答应了。

也可以用这个表达来接受某人的打赌挑战。

▷He bet me twenty bucks that I couldn't get a perfect score, and I took him up on it.

他赌20块我考不好,我决定跟他赌一把。

15 I'm keeping my options open.

►keep one's options open:

等待中,尚未做决定。Option是选择、选项。

▷I want to keep my options open, so I didn't sign the contract yet.

我想再等等看,所以还没签合同。

16 You might want to reconsider it.

►you might want to (do something):

建议某人做某事的礼貌说法。适用于各种场合,是对陌生人、同事或亲密的人都可以用的句法。

▷Babe, you might want to trim that beard...

亲爱的,你是不是该修修胡子啦……

▷You might want to spend more time studying and less time playing video games.

你应该多花些时间在学习上,少玩些游戏。

►类似地,告诫对方不要做某事,可以说,you don't want to...

▷You don't want to rush things.

不要操之过急。

17 We've just been catching up with each other.

►catch up with (someone):

朋友之间彼此了解近况。

▷It was so lovely catching up with you.

能和你聊聊近况真开心。

18 There is just no such thing as God.

►There is just no such thing as... :

某种情况是不存在的。

▷There's no such thing as love. It's just fantasy.

根本没有“爱情”这回事。不过是你的幻想而已。

19 I think you need to get your priorities straight.

►get one's priorities straight:

分清主次。Priority [prai'ɔrəti],指优先考虑的事情。

▷Our top priority right now is making sure that everyone is OK.

我们目前的当务之急是确保每个人都无恙。

▷Amazing how fire exposes our priorities.

大火能暴露我们最在意的东西,真神奇。

20 To put it another way, I don't like it.

►to put it another way:

换言之。Put,有表达的意思。

▷You're still very young, Tom. To put it another way, you don't have any idea about what you're getting into.

汤姆,你还太年轻。换句话说,你不知道自己现在正陷入什么。

▷Well, that's one way to put it.

好吧,也可以这么说。

▷The subject matter makes the painting a little, how shall I put it, undesirable for public display.

这幅画的主题有点……该怎么说呢,不大适合展览出来。

21 I get yelled at all the time.

►get yelled at:

字面意思就是被人吼,被人骂。指受到批评、责骂。

▷I got yelled at for not calling.

我没打电话,被骂了。

▷Do you get yelled at a lot in the military?

在部队里会经常被训斥吗?

22 I will check on Jeff while he's not feeling well.

►check (up/in) on something/someone:

查看某人某事的情况,比如监督下属的工作状况、关心病人的病情、留意小孩是否安全等……

▷Go upstairs to check up on the children and make sure they're all asleep.

上楼去看看孩子们睡了没。

▷I just thought I'd check in on you and see how you're doing.

我就是想来看看你好些了没。

23 It happens. Don't worry about it.

►it happens:

糟糕的事情发生时,用来安慰人的说法。相当于说,倒霉的事时常发生,别太在意。粗俗一点,还可以说,shit happens。

▷A: My girlfriend just broke up with me.

我女票跟我掰了……

B: It happens.

节哀顺变。

▷John stepped in a big pile of dog shit, so Tom said "it happens".

约翰踩到狗屎了,汤姆说,踩踩更健康。

24 It's on me.

►it's on me:

我来付账。也可以说,This one's on me.

▷John: Check, please.

你好,结账。

Bill: No, it's on me this time.

别啊,这顿我请。

►商家免费送的商品或服务,可以说on the house.

▷I was the ten thousandth customer, so my dinner was on the house.

我是第一万个客户,所以那顿晚餐就免费了。

▷Here, have a cup of coffee on the house.

免费送您一杯咖啡,请慢用。

25 My computer is acting up again.

►act up

(疾病)发作;(机器)出毛病;(孩子)调皮捣蛋。

▷My left knee acts up in damp weather.

天气一潮我左膝盖就发作。

▷The children have been acting up all evening.

整个晚上孩子们都在调皮捣蛋。

26 Is that a thing?

►(something) is a thing:

很流行很出名,或者人人熟知的某事物,可以叫“a thing”。这是年轻人常用的口语说法,正式场合慎用。

▷A: His ideas are so out-of-the-box. They're boxless!

他脑洞实在太大了,想法好新奇,完全是boxless!

注:out-of-the-box:形容不同寻常的创意想法。

B: "Boxless?" Is that a thing?

Boxless?现在人们都这么说了么?

A: No, I just made it up.

呃,没,我刚瞎编的。

▷Huge, baggy suits were kind of a thing back in those days.

那时候特别流行那种宽宽大大的西装。

27 It doesn't hurt to ask.

►it doesn't hurt to:

做某件事有百利而无一害。

▷It doesn't hurt to have a group of talented, educated people living in your community.

小区里住着一群有才、有教养的人没什么不好的。

28 I'm just looking.

►just looking...

表示随便看看,是购物时遇到推销的导购,最好的回答。

▷-Hi, can I help you?

你好,需要帮忙吗?

-No thanks, I'm just looking!

不用了,谢谢,我就随便看看。

点击显示

推荐文章
猜你喜欢
附近的人在看
推荐阅读
拓展阅读
  • 大家都在看
  • 小编推荐
  • 猜你喜欢
  •