How's today's special, Mama?
今天的特菜如何,妈妈?
So-so.
一般。
Only so-so?
只是一般?
If you like, I can pick up Alex.
如果你愿意,我可以去接阿里克斯。
No, I'll pick him up.
不,我去接他。
You can't do both, you know.
两者不能兼顾,你知道的。
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
You can't take care of Alex and run the restaurant... now that your father and I are retiring.
你无法又照顾阿里克斯又打理餐馆 …… 现在你父亲和我要退休了。
I'll manage.
我能安排好。
No, you won't. Both will suffer. Your son and the restaurant.
不行,你不行。两方面都会受损 - 你儿子和餐馆。
Don't worry so much, Mama. Now I'm gonna pick up Alex. See you later.
别那么担心,妈妈。现在我去接阿里克斯。等会儿见。
A son needs his father. Alex comes first.
儿子需要他的父亲。阿里克斯第一重要。
He does come first. You know that.
他是第一重要。你知道的。
Please, don't let this business destroy you... the way it destroyed your marriage.
求你,不要让这生意毁了你 …… 就象当初它毁了你的婚姻。
Mama, please!
妈妈,求你了!
Alex! Vincent!
阿里克斯!文森特!
Miss Casey, this is Alex Mendoza... this is Vincent Wang. They're best friends.They're practically glued together.
凯西小姐,这是阿里克斯·曼朵扎 …… 这是文森特·王。他们是好朋友。事实上他们总是在一起。
Are you the guitar teacher my dad told me about?
你是我父亲说过的吉他老师吗?
That's me.
正是我。
Do you play in a rock band?
你在摇滚乐队弹吗?
No, but I know some rock songs.
不,但我知道些摇滚乐曲。
We want to be rock stars, right, Vincent?
我们想成为摇滚明星,是吧,文森特?
Right.
是。
Or maybe we'll be professional baseball players.
哦,也许我们将成为职业棒球手。
Yeah, we can't decide.
是啊,我们无法决定。
That's a tough choice.
是个很难的选择。
Ramon.
拉蒙!
Where you going?
你去哪?
To pick up Alex.
去接阿里克斯。
I have to talk to you. We just got an unbelievable offer.
我得跟你谈谈。我们刚得到一个绝妙的机会。
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Two investors came to my office, today. They want to buy the restaurant.
两个投资人到我办公室,今天。他们想买餐馆。
What?
什么?
They wanna buy the place... And they're gonna let me...
他们想买这地方 …… 他们想让我 ……
What makes you think we want to sell?
你凭什么认为我们会卖?
The money, my dear brother. Lots of money.
钱,我亲爱的哥哥。很多钱。
Forget it. Tell your investors it's not for sale.
忘了吧。告诉你的投资人这儿不卖。
Hey, don't walk away from this. This is a serious offer, serious money.
嗨,别放弃这件事。这可是个真正的机会 …… 真正的钱。
I'm not selling this place. It's my life... It's been in the family almost thirty years. It would break Papa's heart if we sold it.
我不打算卖掉这个地方。这是我的生命 …… 我们家在这里几乎30年了。如果我们卖了它,会让爸爸很伤心的。
Not when he hears how much money the investors are offering.
他如果知道投资人给多少钱就不会了。
Alberto, there's more to life than money. I've gotta go. Alex is waiting for me.
奥博托,生活中有比钱更多的东西。我得走了。阿里克斯在等我。
We have to discuss this... the whole family. What if I set up a meeting with Mom and Dad?
我们得谈谈这事 …… 全家。我和爸妈开会如何?
All right, you ready, Vincent? Remember, keep your eye on the ball. Here it comes.
好了,你准备好了吗,文森特?记住,眼睛盯住球。来了。
Oh, almost. That's OK. Remember, here's the trick: make sure you keep that bat close to your shoulder, keep it up high... keep your eye on...
哦,差一点。没关系。记住,秘诀是:让球棒靠近你的肩膀,让球棒向上 …… 眼睛盯在 ……
I guess that's it for today.
我想今天就到这里吧。
It's five-thirty. Time to go home. We have to get our stuff.
5点半了。该回家了。我们得去拿东西。
There's my dad
我爸在那儿。
Vincent's a good hitter.
文森特是个好击球手。
Yeah. But I'm a better pitcher.
是的。我是个更好的投球手。
Well, if I get the job, I'll give you some batting tips. I hit five home runs in one game.
如果我得到工作,我会教给你一些击球的窍门。我在一场比赛中打出过5个本垒跑。
Wow! Here.
哇。接着。
Dad, this is Ms. Casey. She's our new softball coach.
爸爸,这是凯西女士。她是新的垒球教练。
Miss Casey... I'm so glad to meet you.
凯西小姐 …… 我非常高兴认识你。
Glad to meet you, too. By the way, I haven't got the job, yet.
我也很高兴认识你。顺便说一下,我还没得到工作哪。
Well, good luck to you... Go get your books, Vincent. We have to go. How are you doing today, Alex?
祝你好运 …… 去拿书,文森特。我们得走了。你今天怎么样,阿里克斯?
OK... Vincent, wait for me!
还可以 …… 文森特,等等我!
Excuse me, Mr. Wang. I have to return these bats.
请原谅我,王先生。我得去还这些球棒。
I hope we get to see you here again.
希望我们在这里再见到你。
Me, too.
我也是。
上一篇: 谈论生活中的文化差异
下一篇: 你怎么看待哈佛大学的独立思想教育
美海军确认去年菲律宾海坠落的运输机位置
国际英语资讯:Egypts former PM gives up presidential candidacy
体坛英语资讯:American Ball brothers report to Lithuanian basketball club
2018年最让人期待的10部电影
体坛英语资讯:Palmeiras not interested in ceding Mina to Barcelona in January
纽约市为遏制全球变暖要与5大石油公司对薄公堂
国内英语资讯:Premier Lis visit to Cambodia to boost Lancang-Mekong cooperation
体坛英语资讯:Santos name son of Brazil legend Jairzinho as coach
国际英语资讯:Hand grenade kills man in Stockholm suburb: police
中国的方便面销量下降?原因你绝对猜不到!
国内英语资讯:China to launch first unified personal credit platform for online lending
国际英语资讯:Russia rejects U.S. proposal for UN emergency meeting on Iran
Staying power
澳大利亚为医用大麻出口提供方便
国际英语资讯:Macron suggests no EU membership; Erdogan says Turkey sick of waiting
The Growing Trees 生长的树木
体坛英语资讯:Guangsha beat Shenzhen to keep position in CBA league
国际英语资讯:European lawmakers urge Britain to stay in single market
英语口语中如何“转换话题”?
国际英语资讯:Migration is a positive global phenomenon -- UN chief
国际英语资讯:Fierce snowstorm disrupts travel, knocks out power in U.S. Northeast
国内英语资讯:Feature: Chinas ban on ivory sale should be followed by all: Sri Lankan wildlife experts
国际英语资讯:Jordan urges unified Arab efforts to deal with Trumps Jerusalem move
Identity politics
国内英语资讯:Brunei extends national sales promotion to Chinese New Year
国际英语资讯:Egypts Sisi attends Coptic Christmas celebration amid tight security
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Assads Idlib offensive litmus test on Turkeys alliance with Iran, Russia
你笑得最不合时宜的一次?
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Trump offshore drilling plans met with disbelief from coast to coast
体坛英语资讯:Barca and Madrid both win Kings Cup ties