Trying New Things… Risk and Reward
尝试新事物……风险和回报并存
When we try new things,
当我们尝试新事物的时候,
there is always the risk that we will not be happy with our choice,
总会有我们将不会满意我们的选择的风险相伴,
we might try a food we have never tried before and end up disliking it.
我们可以尝试我们还没有尝过的食物,最终以讨厌它告终。
It could be too sour or too salty.
要么太酸要么太咸。
It could be too spicy.
也可能会很辣。
We might try a new sport like snowboarding and end up falling down a lot.
我们可以尝试一种新的运动,比如滑雪板,而以多次摔倒告终。
We might try a new style of music and get a headache.
我们可以尝试新的风格的音乐,最终以自己头痛结束。
We might check out a different kind of art and be totally disappointed.
我们可以看看另一种完全不同的艺术,最终完全失望。
We might try to speak or write a different language and end up embarrassing ourselves.
我们可以试着用另外一种语言说话、写字,最终自寻尴尬。
Who wants that? Sounds risky to me.
谁想要这个?听起来我也有风险。
But if we take the risk, we might try a new food and end up loving it.
但如果我们敢冒这个险,那我们可以尝试一种新的食物,或许最终会爱上它。
It could be sweet or have a great flavor.
它可能非常甜或者味道非常不错。
It could be an experience that makes our taste buds feel like they are in heaven.
这可能是一种经历,使我们的味蕾感觉好似在天堂。
We might try a new sport and fall down but we get back up and eventually experience exhilaration, even for a minute.
我们可以尝试一种新的运动,虽然会摔倒,不过我们会重新站起来,最终会收获愉快,哪怕是一分钟的短暂快乐。
We might see why people love that sport so much.
我们可以理解人们为什么如此喜欢体育运动。
We might try a new kind of music and regret that we didn’t discover it sooner.
我们可以尝试一种新的音乐,并且抱憾为什么我们没有早发现它。
We might see a new kind of art and be amazed.
我们会看到一种新的艺术而感到称奇。
We might try to write or speak a different language,
我们可以尝试写或说不同的语言,
and we might be a little embarrassed as first;
我们可能起初会有点不好意思,
but we don’t let it bother us too much because we know that the only way to improve is to make mistakes and keep on practicing.
但我们不会让它烦扰我们很久,因为我们知道改善自己的唯一途径就是不断犯错误和持之以恒的练习。
I say: Try a new food.
我说:尝试新食物。
Try a new activity. Try to listen to some new music.
尝试一种新的活动。试着听听新的音乐。
Walk into a gallery, just on a whim, and look around.
只因一时兴起而步入一间画廊,环顾四周。
Try writing and speaking that other language more.
尝试写和说其他语言。
Try making some new friends.
试着交些新朋友。
There are some risks involved, but I know there are rewards too.
虽然风险常相伴,但是我知道也有一些甜头。
上一篇: 你所品尝的是水的味道还是水的心意
下一篇: 马云说:梦想还是要有的,万一实现了呢?
Scientific experiments can sometimes go wrong and when they 阅读理解答案
Our Fears Can Change the Reality of the Situation阅读理解答案
阿里巴巴或超越百度 称霸数字广告市场!
BBC榜单:世界最伟大10家博物馆
You can never imagine how big and complex the inner world 阅读理解答案
《行尸走肉》第七季将有新的发展方向
Latrice Brown was excited about starting her junior year.阅读理解答案
外国人最喜欢看的竟然是这些书
《我们在一起》或将成为NBC的一部大热剧
For the last 10 years, job listing site CareerBuilder has put阅读理解答案
素颜的考验 The Experience of Not Making Up
In 1909 an English newspaper offered £ 1,000 to the first man阅读理解答案
学会说不 设定界限后你的生活发生这10件大事
My name is Li Hua and as a senior three student, 阅读理解答案
Animals seem to have the sense to eat when they are hungry阅读理解答案
《纸牌屋》演员莫莉帕克将扮演莫林罗宾逊
Sagrada Familia ( 2,056,448 visits/year)阅读理解答案
每天吃多少才不会胖?原来一双手就能称
Have you ever been out on a boat and felt it lifted up 阅读理解答案
16岁少年嫌同学上课讲话吵 在饮水机内投毒
《王冠》有望在11月4日首播
I grew up in a small town.My father raised chickens and ran 阅读理解答案
Language as a System of Symbols阅读理解答案
These days I realize one thing which amazes me so much阅读理解答案
《明日传奇》中奥布斯迪恩是“绿灯侠”的儿子
国内英语资讯:Chinese FM meets Ecuadorian counterpart on boosting strategic cooperation
The beginning of a Frank Sinatra song drifted across 阅读理解答案
About 1966 or so, a NASA (美国航空航天局) team doing work for the Apollo 阅读理解答案
国内英语资讯:China supports Colombias peace process: Chinese FM
视频:防卫小贴士 如何逃脱捆绑?