你有没有经历过这样的场景?从通讯录里找到一个朋友的电话,按下拨通键,然后就在对方接电话的那一瞬间,你竟然叫不上这个朋友的名字!告诉你,这个叫phonesia(电话失忆症),不少人都经历过呢。
Phonesia may refer to a) The affliction of dialing a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer. b) Getting to the end of a list of options on a recorded helpline number, only to forget which option one wanted; forcing them to listen to them again, and in some cases having to redial the number.
Phonesia(电话失忆症)可能指a)拨通某个电话号码,等对方接电话时突然忘记你是在给谁打电话;b)按着机器应答帮助热线的提示一直往下听,结果忘记自己要做的操作是哪一个,然后不得不再把整个提示听一遍,有时甚至还得重新拨一遍热线号码。
For example:
I called my college teacher last night, then I experienced a terrible phonesia that I couldn’t remember her name. It was awful!
我昨晚给大学老师打电话。结果遭遇电话失忆症,竟然想不起这个老师的名字了。简直太糟糕了。
上一篇: 美国大选中的“紫色州”
下一篇: 不可能完成的任务像“放猫”?
美国习惯用语-第70讲:hang on to your hat
美国习惯用语-第69讲:at the drop of a&nbs
美国习惯用语-第64讲:to keep one´s eye&nbs
美国习惯用语-第13期:To keep an ear to&nb
美国习惯用语-第37期:to break your neck
美国习惯用语-第61讲:to feast your eyes o
美国习惯用语-第31期:Green thumb
美国习惯用语-第56讲:peaches and cream
美国习惯用语-第51讲:to pull no punches
美国习惯用语-第52讲:no holds barred