英文名著精选阅读:《小妇人》第三章:劳伦斯家的男孩 第8节
"Dear me, I didn't know anyone was here!"stammeredJo, preparing to back out as speedily as she had bounced in.
“噢,我不知道这里有人!乔张口结舌,准备转身冲出去。
But the boy laughed and said pleasantly, though he looked a littlestartled, "Don't mind me, stay if you like."
但男孩笑了,愉快地说:“别管我,你喜欢就呆着吧,尽管他看上去也有点吃惊。
"Shan't I disturb you?"
“我会打扰你吗?
"Not a bit. I only came here because I don't know many people and felt rather strange at first, you know." "So did I. Don't go away, please, unless you'd rather."
“一点也不会。我进来是因为这里有很多人我都不认识,你知道一开始总有点陌生感。“我也一样。请不要走开,除非你真的想这样。
The boy sat down again and looked at his pumps, till Jo said, trying to be polite and easy, "I think I've had the pleasure of seeing you before. You live near us, don't you?"
男孩又坐下来,低头望着自己的浅口无带皮鞋。乔尽量用礼貌轻松的口吻说:“我想我曾幸会过阁下。阁下就住在我们附近吧?
"Next door." And he looked up and laughed outright, for Jo'sprimmanner was rather funny when he remembered how they had chatted about cricket when he brought the cat home.
“隔壁。他抬起头笑出声来,因为他想起了把猫送回她家时两人一起谈论板球的情景。相比之下,乔这副一本正经的神态显得十分逗趣。
That put Jo at her ease and she laughed too, as she said, in her heartiest way, "We did have such a good time over your nice Christmas present." "Grandpa sent it."
乔轻松下来,也笑了。她诚挚地说:“你送来的美妙的圣诞礼物真令我们开心极了。“是爷爷送的。
"But you put it into his head, didn't you, now?"
“但这是你出的主意,没错吧?
"How is your cat, Miss March?" asked the boy, trying to looksoberwhile his black eyes shone with fun.
“你的猫好吗,马奇小姐?男孩试图严肃一点,但黑色眼睛里却闪着调皮的光芒。
"Nicely, thank you, Mr. Laurence. But I am not Miss March, I'm only Jo," returned the young lady.
“很好,谢谢,劳伦斯先生;不过我不是什么马奇小姐,我叫乔,年轻女士答道。
1.stammer vi. 口吃,结巴 vt. 结结巴巴地说 n. 结巴,口吃
He stammers when he feels nervous.
他一紧张就结巴。
2.startled['stɑ:tld] adj. 震惊的,受惊吓的
He had a startled look on his face.
他一脸吃惊的神情。
3.prim[prim] adj. 规规矩矩的,呆板的,拘谨的 vt. 使一本正经,使整洁
You can't tell that joke to her she's much too prim and proper.
可别给她讲那样的笑话--她这人过於古板和认真。
4.sober adj. 清醒的,沉着冷静的,稳重的,颜色暗淡的 vt. 使清醒,使沉着 vi. 清醒,冷静下来
Please sober down a bit; I've got some important news for you.
请严肃点,我有重要消息要告诉你们。
川普据信将宣布终止延缓遣返梦想生,有人拟抗议
美文阅读:生活的唯一败笔,就是重蹈覆辙
奥巴马留给特朗普的“卸任信”遭曝光,他都说了啥?
慎点!“闪光舌头”走红Ins
做这些事能帮助你在飞机上入眠
体坛英语资讯:Kenyas Olympics body sets poll date
柬埔寨反对党领袖被控叛国
国内英语资讯:Top graft-buster stresses strict inspection at grassroots level
体坛英语资讯:Netherlands grabs last straw in World Cup qualifying
国际英语资讯:Rouhani vows Iran never to breach nuke deal
如何提高记忆力
老外在中国:格斗孤儿用拳击与命运抗争
感叹句翻译的多种方式
10招帮你应对开学季
国际英语资讯:Syrian army breaks 3-year IS siege to Deir al-Zour
国内英语资讯:China lodges representations to DPRK embassy over nuclear test
部分否定、全部否定和双重否定的翻译
国内英语资讯:Chinas top legislator meets with Burundi senate speaker
“南北买菜差异”大讨论
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier underlines innovation in economic upgrading
辽宁省六校协作体2017-2018学年高二期初考试英语试卷
国际英语资讯:Over 100 migrants rescued off Crete island, as activists protest EU refugee policy
死后到底会发生什么?起死回生的人来告诉你
国内英语资讯:Chinese top political advisor meets Burundi senate speaker
研究:人们到35岁开始厌倦工作
国务院办公厅印发通知 防控义务教育学生失学辍学
为什么别人给我们拍的照片都很丑?
奥巴马留给特朗普的“卸任信”遭曝光,他都说了啥?
体坛英语资讯:Its been a really great ride, says Sharapova after US Open defeat
霉霉新歌MV怼遍新仇旧恨,“钻石洗澡水”价值不菲