If I should ..., I will ...
结构︰Ifshould,would/should等+原形动词
说明︰这是表示与未来事实相反的假设句型,if 子句要用助动词 should,译成万一。should可置于主词前,将 if 省略。主要子句助动词则视可能性做变化:若可能性低,则为过去式,若可能性高,则为现在式。should 可以提前,而将 if 省略。
If he should come, I would tell him the truth. 万一他来,我会把真相告诉他。
If he should come, I will tell him the truth. 万一他来,我一定会把真相告诉他。
Should the boy come again, I would throw him out. 要是那男孩在来,我就把他撵出去。
If it should rain, our plan would be spoiled. 万一下雨,我们的计划就泡汤了。
Should that be true, the contract would be canceled. 假如那是真的,合约就该取消。
Should another world war break out, what would become of human beings?
万一另一次世界大战爆发,人类将会发生什么事?
If I were to ..., I ...
结构︰Ifwere to,would/should 等+原形动词
说明︰这也是表示与未来状况相反的假设句型,与if ... should, ...大致相同,但if ... were to所表示的可能性更低,通常用以表示与真理相反的假设语气。
If the sun were to rise in the west, he would pass the exam.
要是太阳从西边出来,他就会通过考试--他不可能通过考试。
If I were to be born again, I would like to be a bird. 我要是再活一次,我想当一只鸟。
If the sun were to disappear, what would the earth be like?
万一太阳消失了,地球会变成什么样子?
Were I to die tomorrow, what would my children do?
万一明天我死了,我的孩子们将怎么办呢?
If I + V-ed, I would ...
结构︰If+过去式动词,主词+过去式助动词+原形动词
说明︰这是与现在事实相反的假设句型。if 子句中的动词,不论主词为第几人称,一律用 were,were 可置于主词前面,而省略 if。过去式助动词除用 should、 would外,还可用不分人称的 could,might 和 ought to,它们与动词原形结合起来构成假设语气。
If I knew his address, I could write to him. 如果我知道他的住址,我会写信给他。
If I were free now, I might call on him. 如果我有时间,我可能会去看他。
If you were in my shoes , what would you do?
如果你站在我的立场,你会怎么做?
Were I rich enough, I would buy a sports car. 如果我有足够的钱,我就买一辆赛车了。
How happy I would be if I were a few inches taller! 要是我再高几寸,我会好高兴。
If I had a car, I could take her for a drive. 如果我有车, 我就带她去兜风了。
If I had binoculars, I could see that comet clearly.
如果我有望远镜,我就可以清楚地看见那颗彗星。
It is time that ...
结构︰It istime++主词+过去式动词
说明︰此句型意为已经到了的时间了。过去式动词处有时亦使用should+动词原形。that 子句也能用 to 不定词来表示。
It is time he went to bed. 该是他睡觉的时间了。
It is time that you left for the duty. 该你当班了。
It is time that you reflected upon your mistakes. 该是你反省思过的时候了。
It is high time he should come to our house for dinner.已经到了他该上咱家吃晚饭的时候了。
It is time for somebody to teach you to behave yourself.
该是有人教你应对进退之礼仪的时候了。
If I had V-ed, I would have ...
结构︰Ifhad+过去分词,主词+would/should 等+have+过去分词
说明︰这是与过去事实相反的假设句型。if 子句要用过去完成式主要子句则要用过去式助动词+have+过去分词。if 子句中的 had可置于主词前面,而省略 If。
If I had seen him, I would have told him the truth. 如果我当时看见他,我会告诉他实情。
I could have finished the task if I had had more time.
如果当时我能有多一点时间,我就能完成这项任务。
If we had known of your departure, we would have seen you off at the airport.
如果我们事先知道你要离开,我们会到机场送行。
I someone had been with him, he might not have been drowned.
如果有人在他旁边,或许他就不会溺死。
I might have been incredulous had I not been accustomed to such responses.
若非我已经习惯了这样的回答,我可能不敢轻易相信。
Had he not apologize to her, she would not have forgiven him.
她不会原谅他,若非他道了歉。
Had he not saved me, I might have been drowned. 我可能溺死了,若非他救了我。
Had I proposed to you, would you have married me?
我要是当年向你求婚,你会答应嫁给我吗?
Had you not helped us, we should have canceled this transaction.
假如没有你的帮助,这笔生意早就告吹了。
If I had V-ed, I would ...
结构︰Ifhad+过去分词,主词+would/should 等+原形动词+now/today
说明︰这是时态不一致时的假设句型,亦称混合假设条件句。即:if 子句若与过去事实相反,用过去完成式而主要子句若与现在事实相反,则用过去式助动词表示。此类主要子句句尾通常有表现在的时间副词,如 now,today 等。
If he had worked harder when young, he would be well off now.
如果他年轻时多努力一点,现在就能过得舒服些。
If I had been rich ten years ago, I could buy that house today.
如果十年前我有钱,今天我就能买下那栋房子了。
Had he told the truth, he wouldnt be punished now.如果他当时肯说实话,现在就不会受罪了。
Had he followed the doctors advice, he might be alive now.
当时他要是听了医生的建议,现在可能还活着。
I wish ... + V-ed ...
结构︰I wish++主词+动词过去式/过去完成式
说明︰I wish 之后以 that 子句受词时,该子句动词一定要用假设语气:若动词用过去式,表示与现在事实相反的愿望;若用过去完成式,则表示与过去事实相反的愿望。I wish+that-子句的句型也可用I would rather+that-子句取代。而 I hope 之后以 that 子句受词时,该子句用一般时态。
I wish there were meadows and lambs. 但愿有草地与小羊。
I wish I were as tall as you. 但愿我像你一样高。
I wish he could tell us. 但愿他能告诉我们。
I wish he could come tomorrow. 但愿他明天能来。
I wish you had not been caught in the rain yesterday. 但愿昨天你们没有淋到雨。
I wish you had not told the truth. 但愿你没有说实话。
I wish I had known you ten years ago. 真希望十年前就已经认识你。
If only + V-ed
结构︰If only+过去式/过去完成式
说明︰此句型意为要是就好了。用过去式,表示与现在事实相反;若用过去完成式,则表示与过去事实相反。
If only I had a rich father. 要是我有个有钱的爸爸就好了。
If only he had been here. 要是他当时在这儿就好了。
If only I had another chance. 要是我再有一次机会就好了。
上一篇: 友经验谈:避免背单词记了就忘